In between working on the usual crafts ordered, I work on my own art projects, that can often be bought as well. Most of these artworks are finished pieces ready to be sold, rather than any customised work.
- Crayola Melted Artwork
- Wood Burning
- Artist Grade Colouring Pencils
- Artists Ink
- Sharpie & Pen
- And really whatever tickles my fancy
I also run a moderately active Youtube account where you can see lots of timelapse videos of artwork being produced.
RavenSince I’m already doing loads of Christmas orders...I felt I needed to get into the Halloween spirit a bit...
Something a bit more spooky than I usually do - Only 3 colours used - first try on a black background 🎃 🦇 👻
shot and edited on my iPhone so forgive the shakes... kept hitting my desk . 😅
Guardians - Woodburning (Pyrography) & EngravingInspired by the song:
Become the beast by Karliene
Woodburning & Engraving . 6+ hours to complete. First time using a hand torch so definitely looking to practice some more !
* Sorry for all the different colours of the video clips... I don't have a constant light source unfortunately and I wasn't able to do this particular piece all in one sitting as I normally try to do!
Pyrography Skull Chopping Board TimelapseA skull wood burned into a round chopping board.
Check out my Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/rhicreated
And my instagram : @rhicreated
For more work !
Lazy Toothless - Coloured Pencil How to Train your DragonLazy Toothless - How to Train Your Dragon
*9 x 12 inch Tan tone sketch paper
*Fabercastell Polychromos pencils
*Uniball White Gel pen
Music from the How to Train Your Dragon Soundtrack
Wood Burning Christmas Decorations 2016A couple of important notes:
- Every single one of them uses a handdrawn stencil and then is 'handdrawn' again with the wood burner. So each and every one is slightly different from the last!
- To make each and every one of them even more unique, while the decorations are all made from the same wood, each one again is different from the other...the wood may contain a lot of grain, or be quite soft, which affects how the wood burner burns the wood. For e.g. the wood in video was particularly soft, creating much darker lines as it burnt quickly, however it left little room for fine details and control was a lot harder. There isnt just 'hard and soft' but all that comes in between 🙂
And most of all, enjoy the smell of freshly burnt wood!! 😀
Finishing Christmas DecorationsFor those interested - just a quick video to show how I finish my Christmas decorations.
- Skinniest Ribbon you can get in whatever colours you fancy
- I used 10 mm Miracle Beads, I found 10mm the best size for my 7-8cm Christmas Decorations, however any type of bead should work. I just like the look of the Miracle beads.
- A makeshift threader my ingenious sister made for me out of scraps of her jewellery making wire. This allows me to thread the ribbon through the tiny 1mm hole in the beads twice over!! I did use a needle previously and it worked fine enough, though finding a needle to fit was quite tough. This works much better 🙂
Blue -Crayola Crayon ArtMaterials Used
Winsor & Newton Flat board canvas
Music by: Kiss - I was Made for Loving You
Happy Mother's Day Mum - A Very Special Mother's DayHappy Mother's Day 2016
Love you Mum xx
Bernie Cudlipp, a new angel looking down on us
Love Rhiannon, Derren, Sorcha, Carraig, Rowanna, Muirioch, Fearghal, Angharad & Aibhilin.
Unintended Star Wars Coffee Table Fan ArtUsing leftover black paint and black, white & red spray paint I set to redecorate my coffee table...and without planning ended up with a star wars theme
Music: Messed up World by The Pretty Reckless
What I did with Leftover Black Paint and Spray Paint!Redecorated the top board of my art desk. Just a very quick, short video of a little bit of fun I had 🙂
I had some leftover black paint and cheap black spray paint. And I bought a white cheap spray paint (€1.50)
Over all clearing off the desk took longer than the actual artwork 🙂
Just under 20 minutes it took.
Be sure to have plenty of ventilation and definitely a mask if you are in any way sensitive to fumes. Gloves are optional, but as you can see from my video, I choose not to wear them (because I didnt have any at the time)
Music: Hit me Like a Man by The Pretty Reckless
Space - A melted crayon Art pieceCheck out the very first crayon art piece i did : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuuIfPxFetQ
Guest appearances: Bambi & Moon (my cats)
An art piece created by melting crayons.
Crayola crayons - they are expensive but the best because they have the least impurities and ,melt well. Though if anybody has had success with a cheaper brand please let me know 🙂
A canvas (I havent found any particular type works best, my preference is just the board canvas)
A heat gun - though many people use hairdryers as an alternative.
Knife/tweezers/tool - to hold the crayon while you melt it so it doesn't go flying around the room.
Tip: To remove the paper of the crayons easily just place in a boil of hot water (not boiling as they will melt ) and the papers will fall right off.
There is no wrong way this can be done. Just have fun but be careful as you are using products that can get very hot - melted wax, heat gun/hairdryer etc.
Music: Renegades by X Ambassadors
Dreamer - Melted Crayon ArtA 4 piece Crayon art piece
Winsor and Newton Flat Board Canvas
Music: The Dreamer by The Tallest Man